Monday, June 16, 2008

Work is the curse of the drinking class.nah!Curse is the drink of the working class.Tch,doesn't sound right.Drink is the curse of the working class.aha!At last I have it.As to the identity of the clever fellow to who said this, I do not have a clue.I'll have to Google it later.But he could not have spoken a truer word.How the drink has ruined many a man!
The clever bloke might have thought otherwise had he been a scholar at NIT K.Even more so if he was studying in the Computer Science department.The misery of those fit in the above mentioned category and the reasons for the suffering might fill into a few volumes in writing.So I'll spare you the sob stories.Sure,we had free hours and about a million half days but if you are as unlucky(yes it comes down to luck) as I am you'd be writing the exact same thing on your blog.What I'm getting at here is that my dreams and aspirations being crushed like a soda can in the past year,I frequented the watering holes around the campus more than what you would consider usual.Since the vacations thus far have echoed my time at college,viz utter idleness,I am hereby making a list of what-I-"downed" in the past year.

Old Monk- If you are eternally broke as I am,this my friend, is what the doctor ordered for you. At Rs.32 50 inclusive of taxes, this stuff is might make you doubt its toxicity,but don't worry.Other than a hellish hangover that ensues in the morning after,no major damage will be done.
Hayward's black-Served best when chilled.My choice when it comes to beer.
Romanov-The cheapest option when it comes to vodka.Might taste like nail polish remover but it is tolerable drunk with orange juice.Interestingly this vodka made in Karnataka!
Royal stag whiskey-Decent stuff.One quarter of this.A packet of peanuts and some soda/coke and you're good to go.
Honorable mentions-
1.The tequila we bought which was ghastly!But at least I tried it. Later I was informed that it has to be drunk after you're feeling a little light in the head.How I wish I had known this before.
2.Fuel Vodka-A tad better than Romanov.Can be reserved for after-exam revelry.
3.Kingfisher,Fosters and Budweiser-Cannot replace Hayward's Black on my list but still,they're good for a change.
4.Absolut Vodka-A splurge by my standards.Kind of thing I would spend money on if i just won the lottery.
So there you go.
The list is merely based personal taste.If you can think of anything cheaper,just let me know.

6 comments:

Half-Light said...

Haha Good one mate.

You can personally thank me for taking you to your first LL trip,if you remember :)

Oh and i'm sorry to inform you that liquer prices have shot up and an Old Monk quart would cost you a tad more than 40 bucks :(

And try Bhutan Highland Whiskey once in a sem or so when there is no money hehe. 260 bucks, you get only a full bottle. It looks ridiculously bad, i mean the colour of a budwieser or so! But it goes down incredibly smoothly, for something of its cost, i mean easier than even Signature and all.

So there you go for some tips :)

Vikram said...

Toddy, Fenny, Hooch. Although I'm a teetotaler, I bet those are cheap.

Abhishek K said...

You forgot the imported fenny all the 8PM....romonov is neat in neat out...and all the froth pitchers which got you high.....

Sudhir said...

for the above (ie for sheki)

LOOK WHO's TALKING!!!!

the guy who couldn't down a PAAN! ( sorry i don remember the name)

bala said...

the name of the paan was beeda 420.
pronounced chaar-sau-bees

Dr. Flycatcher said...

1)Super Jack.
2)Mysore Lancer.

Cheap. Deadly. Awesome.

Mansion House Brandy is something I like a lot too.

All available at GB.